7 Reasons Tentmaking Businesses Fail: Lessons Learned in Business as Mission
Business as Mission
Author: Miles, Toby. 2013
Why do so many tentmaking businesses fail? Is the model wrong? Is tentmaking a waste of time? When we speak
of Business as Missions, are we just talking about a pie-in-the-sky theory? Did the Apostle Paul fail in his
Tentmaking businesses have failed because of 7 foundational reasons. You won’t get a ton of business theory nor strategy in this book. Instead it will be some real life stories from lessons that the author has learned from his tentmaking experiences.
Miles believes there are 7 key reasons that tentmaking businesses fail and he offers simple points of action to help.
- Reason 1 – Faulty Foundations
- Reason 2 – I have to work?
- Reason 3 – Financially Feeble
- Reason 4 – Anyone got experience?
- Reason 5 – Poor Planning Paralyzes
- Reason 6 – The Mystery of Marketing
- Reason7 – Did you see that coming?