Introduction to Materials Management
Author: J.R. Tony Arnold, Stephen N. Chapman
For courses in Materials Management, Production and Inventory Control, and Logistics taught out of business and industrial technology departments. This is the only text listed in the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) DPIM Exam Content Manual as the text reference for the Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM) CPIM certification examination. Written in a simple and user-friendly style, it covers all the basics of supply chain management and production and inventory control.
Enhanced coverage of:
- Performance metrics, ERP, supply chain approaches and implications, lean production fundamentals, and basic scheduling rules now included.
- Text content more closely reflects BSCM exam and adequately prepares users for APICS CPIM certification.
- Focuses user’s attention on important terminology, and helps make course material more understandable.
- Fully integrated coverage.
- Provides students with comprehensive application of concepts.
- APICS concepts and vocabulary.
- Provides users with a good working-knowledge of production and inventory procedures used in industry, while preparing them with the vocabulary for efficient on-the-job communication.